See Fluffy Rugs In Your Room Instantly
Fluffy rugs are popular for a reason. They're soft, cozy and add warmth to any room. Browse rugs, preview them in your room with our rug visualizer and get choosing!
Experimenting with different fluffy rugs is always fun. The only problem - buying the items and realizing it does not complete the look. Bummer...
The thing is, rugs always complete the look you are going for. So, to avoid unnecessary purchases, see how it fits your room virtually with our Augmented Reality (AR). See how it works below.
We love all types of rugs, especially fluffy area rugs, so we know that you can get lost in this world. To make sure your decision-making process is more manageable, see it in your space before you make the purchase! This article will present you with a fluffy rug category, and with AR, choose the fluffy rug that fits more efficiently.
What is a Fluffy rug?
A Fluffy rug, or as others know, Shaggy rug, got its name from the way they look. They have a unique look, and this type of area rug gets its 'shaggy' look from its deep pile. This means that this rug pile is raised to the fabric's surface, that is, the length of the upright loops.
Many people refer to the shaggy or fluffy rug as the 70s or 80s. Many interior designers love this rug because of its unique style; the fluffy and soft rug goes with every interior design style. This type of rug can be very fashionable and add a luxurious feel to the room.
The beautiful thing about fluffy rugs is that you can find many material fluffy rugs in various colours or even styles on the market. In this article, we are going to introduce you to the most popular places to put and sizes of fluffy rugs:
- Fluffy rug for bedroom
- Fluffy rug for living room
- Fluffy rugs 8x10
- Fluffy Rug Features
- Fluffy Rug Trends
- Fluffy Rug Colors
- Other Fluffy Rug Sizes
Of course, there is no denying that fluffy rugs or shag rugs are the softest and most comfortable rugs on the market. The fluffy rug can add a special touch to your home and take your space to another level, which means from plain and simple interior to stylish and unique looking. We said we would introduce the places and sizes of fluffy rugs, but the real question is how you choose from such a variety of fluffy rugs.
The best thing, to begin with, is to choose fluffy rugs material. Fluffy rugs come in a wide variety of materials, like wool, leather, etc. Then you can select a colour of a rug. Once you choose the material and colour, you need to imagine how that will look in your space. We are joking! The solution - Augmented Reality (AR). It is a tool that lets you see the rug in your room directly from your smartphone.
Fluffy rug for bedroom
We all know the importance of the bedroom. This place is where people relax after a long day of activities. So, having a well-decorated bedroom for your comfort and healthy sleeping.
Most people finish decorating their bedroom with a rug. Fluffy rugs for the bedroom are the most popular choice for any person. Having this kind of soft rug in such a private room gives the bedroom a more relaxing vibe.
Since one of the main reasons people choose to place a fluffy rug or shag rug in the bedroom is that they are inviting and warm, they add much-needed softness to the space. Some decorators claim those fluffy rugs are great for layering. For example, a smaller fluffy rug would look great on natural fibre rugs or richly coloured traditional rugs.
Before purchasing a fluffy or shag rug, you need to know the material these rugs are made of. On the enormous rug market, there are four most popular materials for fluffy rugs:
- Faux Fur
Fluffy rugs that are made from wool are one of a kind. A rug made out of this material has a different name - Flokati. Flokati rug is usually made by hand and is traditionally made in Greece. The most unique looking fluffy rug has a thick, loose pile of wool which make this rug special. Flokati or fluffy rug became incredibly popular in the 60s and 70s. To this day, the popularity of the flokati rug has not gone out of style. The main reason why people still love this fluffy wool rug is that they are superbly soft and luxurious looking. Most importantly, this rug will make your bedroom more elegant.
Faux Fur fluffy rug is considered a luxurious rug. This fluffy rug is gorgeous and elegant, just like the wool rugs, but they tend to be more expensive. If you happen to purchase a fluffy Faux Fur rug, it will be a great addition to a bedroom with a fireplace or leather elements. One of the things that people have their attention to before choosing the Faux Fur fluffy rug is the colour. We mentioned that fluffy rugs come in a variety of colours and can fit any interior style. We are going to give a few examples of what colour best works with the design style you have in your bedroom:
- If you have a modern bedroom style, it is known for its white and black colour domination. So, to keep it a nice balance, we suggest you a fluffy white rug.
- If you have a moody bedroom style, this room style is famous for its dark colour palette, so to take it to another level, we recommend choosing a fluffy rug with deep brown or camel shades.
Pro tip: If you are not sure if the colour of a fluffy rug goes nicely with your bedroom design and the colour palette, try it out by seeing it in a virtual setting. AR solution helps you to see the rug in your space by only using your smartphone.
Polyester fluffy rugs have a soft texture to the touch and feel wonderful underneath your feet. The most surprising thing about the fluffy polyester rug is that it feels costly due to its surface, even though they are affordable. Especially if you compare it to the faux fur or fluffy wool rugs. Polyester fluffy rugs have a lot more variety when it comes to style and texture. The unique thing about polyester material is that it can have lower pile heights, making the fluffy rug easier to maintain and clean.
This material is great for mimicking the wool material, meaning the softness and texture of wool can be created using synthetic, which is affordable. While using this material, the fluffy rug is more affordable for everyone, but it can still look stylish and elegant. Of course, some manufacturers love to mix two materials - wool and acrylic - to make the fluffy rug more durable.
Of course, a few more fluffy rug materials, like leather, Berber, are on the market, but we introduced the most popular ones. If you are still unsure, you can see virtually how the rug looks in your space from your mobile device.
Fluffy rug for living room
We talked about the materials of fluffy rugs, and all the materials are excellent not only for the bedroom space but also living room space. People tend to choose fluffy rugs for the living room because they make it a more complete and elegant room.
Most people do not know why they need a rug in their living room and decide not to purchase one. Well, we say rugs, especially fluffy rugs, are not just for collecting dust and hair. Fluffy rugs make the room cosier and inviting. Niki Brantmark, a blogger about beautiful Scandi-inspired interior design, would agree as she has one in her sitting room. So, if you long to grace your floor with a patch of heaven, you have to purchase one for yourself. Here we have a few pointers to change your mind about the fluffy rugs in the living room:
- Insulating properties - this type of rug that is soft to the touch has another purpose - keeping the warmth. It is excellent if your floors are cold or you live in a more cold area, especially great to have in winter.
- Comfort and warmth - the softness of the material makes the fluffy rug more inviting and brings the needed cosiness to the living room. To ensure this rug stays in the best shape for a long time, you have to clean it regularly, meaning simple cleaning with a vacuum once a week and once a year deep clean.
- Stylish and visually appealing - it is not a secret we love fluffy rugs, but also, this type of rug is valued by a lot of interior designers too. If you have a plain interior style in your living room and want to up that a little bit or add a little bit of spice, the fluffy rug is the answer for you. The fluffy rug will add a luxurious feel to the living room instantly.
We mentioned that the fluffy rugs became popular in the 60s and 70s, the world of interior design was affected by a transition of styles. The evolving home accessories became a staple in any home at that time. Fluffy rugs are the synonym of the hippy culture. But now it gives more of a luxurious feel and comes in a wide variety of colours and designs.
The living room has a specific size of rugs that you can put there. Since this is a place where all the family gatherings take place, you need to make sure it creates the cosiness that you are looking for. The most popular sizes of fluffy rugs in the living room are 5x8, 8x10, 9x12 and 11x14. Of course, deciding on the size depends on the coverage and the space you have. If you have:
- Ample space: large living rooms require extensive coverage. For example, all the furniture in this space needs to be placed on top of the big rug not to create too much noise and chaos in the room.
- Small space: there is a simple explanation why you do not need a vast rug for a small space because it makes the room very crowded. So, it is best to use the fluffy rug under the coffee table in the living room.
- Furniture next to the wall: this setting lets you put a rug a little bit differently. Place the front legs of your furniture on the rug, and we can guarantee that the place instantly will feel cosier.
We introduced you to what you have to keep in mind while choosing the fluffy rug for your living room. But since the market is enormous, it can be hard to decide which one is THE ONE. Our modern Augmented Reality tool that you can use directly from your smartphone. This lets you see how the rug will look in your space before making the purchase and hopefully make your decision easier.
Fluffy rugs 8x10
While choosing the perfect fluffy rug for any space in the house, people look for specific sizes. Among the masses, the most popular size of the rug is 8x10. People love this size rug because it always comes in a rectangular shape.
The fluffy rug that is this particular size is usually put in larger areas. But with larger size comes and the cleaning problems. How should you clean a rug that is of this size? And how do you clean a fluffy rug in general? Those are the two most common questions when it comes to the fluffy 8x10 rugs.
Fluffy rugs are known for being high-maintenance rugs. They are tough to clean and often can require much more frequent cleaning than any other type of rug. But with the right tips, you can clean your fluffy rug perfectly. Of course, you should have your fluffy rug cleaned by professionals once a year; it helps maintain health and longevity. So, here are some tips on cleaning the fluffy rugs:
An 8x10 white fluffy rug is the most popular among 8x10 size rugs. It fits well in many spaces, such as bedrooms, living rooms, and home offices. The white color adds a classic and versatile touch to any space.
- Removing excess dirt - to make sure your fluffy rug is being cleaned properly, you need to remove all the loose soil for the next step. You can always do that by beating your rug to dislodge any dirt particles caught in the fibre. Do not forget to do that go in an open area or outside. Some rug manufacturers recommend leaving the rug out in a sunny spot to ensure the bacteria is killed.
- Vacuuming- this is a quick and simple way to keep your rug clean. This helps to suck up the dirt and hairs in more profound levels of a rugs fibre. But with vacuuming a fluffy rug, please be careful and use an upholstery extension so you do not damage the long fibres of the fluffy rug.
- Dry Shampoo;- this step is optional, but your fluffy rug is recommended to be cleaned using a specialdry shampoo. This is a quick way to clean a rug. If you use this step, use a small amount of the shampoo and brush them into the rug; after some time, use a vacuum to remove the remaining granules.
So, there are a few tips for cleaning your rug. If you still have some doubts about choosing the fluffy rug you want, you can check out the view in your room using our modern Augmented Reality solution.
Fluffy Rug Features
Fluffy rugs have a number of unique features that make them stand out from other types of rugs. Some of the most notable features of fluffy rugs include:
- Deep pile - Fluffy rugs have a deep and plush pile that gives them their shaggy and soft appearance. This deep pile is made from a variety of fibers, such as wool, synthetic materials, or leather.
- Luxurious feel - The deep pile of a fluffy rug makes it incredibly soft and comfortable to walk on. This makes them a popular choice for bedrooms, living rooms, and other spaces where people want to feel cozy and relaxed.
- Versatile styles - Fluffy rugs are available in a wide range of styles, from contemporary and modern to traditional and bohemian. This allows homeowners to choose a style that matches their personal taste and decor.
- Easy care and maintenance - Fluffy rugs are relatively easy to care for and maintain. Regular vacuuming and spot cleaning can help keep them looking their best for many years to come.
- Outdoor spaces - Fluffy rugs are not just for indoor use. Some fluffy rugs are designed for outdoor use and are made from durable materials that can withstand the elements. They can be used on a patio, deck, or porch to add a touch of comfort and style to the space.
Fluffy Rug Trends
Fluffy rugs are constantly evolving and changing, and there are always new trends and styles emerging in the world of fluffy rugs. Some of the hottest trends in fluffy rugs right now include:
- Bright and bold colors - Fluffy rugs are no longer just available in neutral and muted tones. Bright and bold colors, such as fuchsia, turquoise, and lime green, are becoming increasingly popular among homeowners who want to add a pop of color to their space.
- Sustainable materials - Many homeowners are looking for sustainable and eco-friendly options for their fluffy rugs. Natural materials, such as wool and jute, are becoming increasingly popular because they are sustainable, renewable, and biodegradable.
- Layered textures - Fluffy rugs are often used in conjunction with other types of rugs, such as natural fiber rugs or traditional rugs. Layering different textures and styles can add depth and interest to a space.
- Geometric patterns - Fluffy rugs are not just available in solid colors. Geometric patterns, such as chevron, stripes, and circles, are becoming increasingly popular among homeowners who want to add a modern and contemporary touch to their space. These patterns can be used to create visual interest and add a touch of playfulness to a room.
- Pink - Pink is a playful and feminine color that can add a touch of romance and softness to a space. Pink fluffy rugs are a popular choice for bedrooms, living rooms, and nurseries.
- Grey - Grey is a versatile and neutral color that can easily match with any decor. Grey fluffy rugs are a popular choice for living rooms, bedrooms, and offices.
- Blue - Blue is a calming and relaxing color that can bring a sense of tranquility to a space. Blue fluffy rugs are a popular choice for bedrooms, living rooms, and meditation rooms.
- Red - Red is a bold and vibrant color that can add energy and excitement to a space. Red fluffy rugs are a popular choice for living rooms, dining rooms, and home offices.
- Green - Green is a refreshing and natural color that can bring a sense of harmony and balance to a space. Green fluffy rugs are a popular choice for bedrooms, living rooms, and outdoor spaces.
- Yellow - Yellow is a cheerful and sunny color that can add warmth and light to a space. Yellow fluffy rugs are a popular choice for children's rooms, kitchens, and bathrooms.
- White - White is a classic and versatile color that can complement any decor. White fluffy rugs are a popular choice for bedrooms, living rooms, and home offices.
Fluffy Rug Colors
Fluffy rugs are available in a wide range of colors, from bold and vibrant shades to neutral and calming tones. Some popular colors for fluffy rugs include:
Other Fluffy Rug Sizes
Fluffy rugs are available in a wide range of sizes to suit any space. Some popular sizes for fluffy rugs include:
- 4x6 fluffy rug - A 4x6 fluffy rug is a small and compact size that is perfect for tight spaces, such as entryways, hallways, and small bedrooms.
- 5x7 fluffy rug - A 5x7 fluffy rug is a popular size that can fit well in many rooms, such as bedrooms, living rooms, and dining rooms.
- 5x7 white fluffy rug - A 5x7 white fluffy rug is a small and compact size that can be used in tight spaces, such as entryways, hallways, and small bedrooms. The white color adds a classic and versatile touch to any space.
- 5x8 fluffy rug - A 5x8 fluffy rug is a medium-sized rug that can be used in a variety of rooms, such as bedrooms, living rooms, and dining rooms.
- 6x9 fluffy rug - A 6x9 fluffy rug is a versatile size that can be used in many different rooms, such as bedrooms, living rooms, and home offices.
- 9x12 fluffy rug - A 9x12 fluffy rug is a large size that can make a statement in any room, such as living rooms, bedrooms, and home offices.
- Round white fluffy rug - A round white fluffy rug is a unique and playful shape that can add a touch of whimsy and charm to any space. The white color adds a classic and versatile touch to any space.
Fluffy rugs, also known as shag rugs, are a unique and luxurious type of rug that can add comfort, warmth, and style to any space. They are available in a wide range of materials, sizes, and styles, and can be used in a variety of different rooms and settings. With regular care and maintenance, fluffy rugs can provide many years of enjoyment and satisfaction.
If you are looking to add a touch of comfort and luxury to your home, consider a fluffy rug. With their deep and plush pile, they are the softest and most comfortable rugs on the market. Whether you choose a classic white fluffy rug, a bold and colorful option, or a sustainable and eco-friendly option, there is a fluffy rug out there to suit your personal style and decor.
Don't forget to try out our augmented reality (AR) tool to see how a fluffy rug will look in your space before making a purchase. This can help you make a more informed decision and ensure that you choose the perfect fluffy rug for your home.